Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Monty Smiles and other tidbits

You may call me crazy but I swear Monty smiles at me when I come home.  I call, he runs sees me and his face lights up.  Honest!. He has also been seen getting into my vegetable garden.  He just jumps over the 3.5 foot fence.  (thank goodness we have an invisible fence, he can't jump it and he cant dig under it).  Jay was concerned he couldn't get out because of lack of running room.  Nope,  No problem.  He just jumped straight over it when called.  Happy little guy  - he thinks its a great trick.

The first night we had Monty, he started to go downstairs. We wanted to keep this as a "haven" for the cats.  A firm no and jerk on his collar and he hasn't gone down stairs.  Monty would wait on the top for either Jay and I to come back up rather than follow us down.  Well, we jinxed it.  Jay wondered out loud how long it would last.  Yesterday, he decided to follow the cats down and got into their litter.  

Jay put the baby gate up to retrain him not to go downstairs.  So now, when he tries to go downstairs and can't, he carefully goes behind the door and shuts it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment