Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Home Alone

Jay's been working in Rhode Island for the past two weeks which meant Monty was home alone during the days.  I've been leaving for work as late as possible and Amy has come home as soon as possible to let him out.  We've been confining him to the Kitchen - less things he can get into and easy pick up if needed.  Well there has been absolutely no accidents and everything has been intact upon return.   One evening, Amy and I wanted to run a quick errand and I forgot to corral Monty.  It was a short run and I figured it may be a good test.  Boy, was it.  I came home and the majority of the house was just fine.  I was very proud of my boy until I went into my bedroom.  He'd torn his bed apart.  There was stuffing everywhere!!! Luckily, he'd gotten the zipper to pop and had pulled the stuffing out.  After picking everything up, I wasn't in the mood to be clever and fix anything.  Monty was a little puzzled when he found his bed missing ...  He curled up in the crate and was fine.  The next day I re-stuffed the bed and fixed the zipper.  Its a little lumpier but Monty doesn't seem to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment