Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day Two

Monty is adjusting to his new home.  He whines less,  and coming when called.  The gentle leader makes walking easier but he'll take any amount of correction if he sees a rabbit or bird.  Coming home this morning, Monty happily prancing along in the pouring rain, me more of a drowned rate, we saw a beautiful mallard in our yard.  I saw him first and waited.  Walking properly at my side was over.  The leash was stretchced as far as it would go.  Monty went into a pretty point then tugged and was standing on his hind legs trying to get the duck.  It was fun, funny and beautiful all at the same time.  After breakfast, we worked on sit.  He got is very quickly.  Then we played fetch... he brings the ball right back to you, sits and starts chewing it, but he doesn't complain about you taking it for another round.  I've taken him off the long rope that I used yesterrday to  tethered him to me.  He stays pretty close and I can trust him around Pharoah.  Can't get Sundae to say hi yet.  I'll be taking out the big cam soon so good pics will be coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment